Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Meet Me At The River


May 14th is approaching, the day a charter bus full of folks who read Hell Swamp will come to the scene of the crime, Black River Plantation. They will travel nearly two hours to the river, where the Raleigh Parks and Recreation Read and Go program is catering a picnic on the grounds between the mansion and the river. I am truly honored to have been contacted by such a large group who are reading North Carolina writers and traveling to visit with them.
To make the day even more special, the owner of the mansion will be there to tour the group and answer questions about the 1793 mansion. I will read excerpts from Hell Swamp and answer questions about Genesis Beach, which the group also read. Reporters from surrounding counties have been invited to attend.
My hope is that the weather will be spectacular and everyone will enjoy the event as much as I'm sure I will.
I am truly amazed by all of this. I write because I must. Everything else is whipped cream!
I suppose this all happened because I joined a few writing groups and managed to update my activities often enough to get attention. Now, when I feel like I don't have time to blog, update my sites, and answer emails, I think about what is about to take place and get myself to the keyboard! I've never had so much fun! It's worth the time and effort.
blog comments powered by Disqus